Monday, January 30, 2012

Meet Meredith: The New BARE Blogger




What draws you to fashion?
The colors, the fabrics, the constantly shifting trends, the designers, all of it.  There is something so refreshing and freeing about creating something that is totally you, but enviable by all.   It is an unmeasurable outlet for creativity and personality.

How would you define your style?
My overall style is clean and classic, but with an eclectic edge.  I have a staggering weakness for look-at-me accessories.

If we took a look inside your closet, what would we find?
I'm kind of a control freak, so everything is organized according to item and color.  I like to have it all in front of me and be able to find anything on a whim!   You would find plenty of those staple pieces that will never go out of style: Blazers, silk camis, LBDs, grandfather cardigans, vintage jewelry...and way too many shoes!

Does a specific color palette take rank within your wardrobe?
Lately I’ve been really into jewel tones, but generally, neutrals appeal to me the most: black, camel, gray, white, navy….love them all.  I tend to be braver with color when it comes to my accessories.

You have the very desirable skill of seeking out great vintage finds. Tell us about this passion!
I have always been interested in finding unique, one-of-a-kind items, and vintage shopping is the best way to indulge this.   My vintage pieces are the ones that I find myself wearing repeatedly, in a variety of ways.  Anytime I go to a new city, I hunt down the local vintage and consignment shops.  I have found some unbelievable items, which as an added bonus didn’t cost an arm and a leg. 

What/who are your current favorite brands/designers?
Right now, I’m really into Theyskens' Theory, Isabel Marant, ALC, and Boy. By Band of Outsiders.  Chanel will always be a classic, and I constantly covet the collections by Phillip Lim, Stella McCartney, Miu Miu, and Thakoon.  For jewelry, Erickson Beamon can’t be beat.

Tell us about some of your exciting post ideas to look forward to...
I plan on dedicating a series of posts to the world of vintage fashion, and one on street style/local stores of cities outside of Cincinnati.  In February, Andrea and I will be hitting Nashville, and in April, I will focus a post on Naples, Florida.  I would also love to add a lifestyle element to the blog: the best restaurants, shops, and designers, because what fun is fashion without anywhere to show it off?

What are some of your favorite items in your wardrobe now?

Left to Right: Necklace, Sachin + Babi (Saks); Cheetah Pumps, Loeffler Randall (Piperlime); Corset top, Parker (Saks); Clutch, Madewell; Boots, Frye (Shopbop); Tuxedo Jacket, Rachel Zoe (Shopbop); Bag, Chloe (Saks); Lace Dress, Pins and Needles (Urban Outfitters)

I am so thrilled to start my blogging experience, and welcome all feedback (negative or positive).  Thank you, Andrea, for this opportunity!

-M



No comments:

Post a Comment