Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cut. It. Out. & let's TANGO

{I just laughed out loud as I pictured myself doing the "cut-it-out" hand motions...circa 1995?!}

As discussed yesterday, I am going to highlight SPRING TRENDS throughout this week.Why you may ask? Welp, I am quite sick of Winter already, and I think it techinically just started (recently)? - yuck. So I am looking to BRIGHTER days ahead! Along with the lovely lady Linds' perspective she's obtained through viewing the reveal of SPRING clothing lines via Trade Shows, I have done my share of some style research as well. Let me add that this kind of research is QUITE fun. The first trends I invite you to take a quick peak at our CUTOUT DESIGNS and the crazy cool color TANGERINE.

While this isn't our first introduction to CUTOUT DESIGNS, it appears they have proven worthy enough to make the CUT (oh yah that pun was intended) once again for SPRING. Rather than random and SUPER REVEALING cutout designs, it seems that Spring has given more thought to "the cutout"- introducing it to SHAPES, incoportating the design into patterns, and giving it a bit more subtle appearance.

As for the "color of the year?" Pantone declares this as TANGERINE TANGO.

Sooo what you will see below are a collection of pictures featuring these two CAPTIVATING TRENDS....and gasp, I managed to find some photos that COMBINED the two trends together. GENIUS.










No comments:

Post a Comment