Thursday, January 19, 2012

Friends ForEVER.

I am TOTALLY digging the friendship bracelet trend thats been buzzing around. It completely brings me back to the days of summer camp circa the early 90's.... playing capture the flag, chasing boys, splashing around in my Speedo one piece, and ENDLESS arts & crafts.  Oh, and I was obviously a girl scout too,  so my arts & crafts skills must have been seriously top notch. If I had only known back then that the bracelets would make a TOTAL comeback gobs of years later, I definitely would have kept up with those intricate knot-tying/ ultra confusing color switching/ super fine motor coordination required skillz. Welll, I recently purchased a GLORIOUS Dannijo friendship-bracelet-esque piece which I'm basically obsessed with (see pic below). Just as I was contemplating purchasing some additions to my collection, I decided to take on (or attempt to take on) a lil' DIY project with these bright beauties. After wandering around Michaels for an hour plus (why does that ALWAYS happen there), I found the string selection needed to complete this bold (for me) task. While it should  be reassuring that the faces on the "bracelet making kits" and the tutorials on websites I have viewed, all consist of "instructors" of the ages ohhh  5 and up(??) ...it is somehow STILL intimidating!! Maybe this is only a skill one possesses below the age of 10? Well, I am about to put this theory to test! Wish me luck...please....I am already overstimulated just looking at the bag of colorful string. IF YOU decide to for forgo this task, there are plenty of beautiful options via easy online shopping, as you will see below! Success or failure will be reported tomorrow. xo

 
DANNIJO "lindsey"  piece on my right wrist while blogging it up


All DANNIJO,  love.




 

STREETS AHEAD

                                                                                     



1 comment:

  1. I'm so obsessed with your Dannijo bracelet. Can I have it please?.?

    ReplyDelete