Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Lovin' by Grace


Grace is a friend of mine from years back- we lived on the same floor our Freshman year at UD. She now lives in NYC with a completely covetable job working for Diane von Furstenberg. It goes without saying that she has crazy-good style...to go along with her amaze personality and oh, as you can see...she's gorgeeeooous. Thank you love for your wonderful guest post! xx

    Summertime is hands down my favorite time of the year and vitamin D is my #1 upper. There’s something so enhancing that Mr. Golden Sun does just by shining that improves a person’s overall appearance as well as mood. Beachy hair waves and a sun kissed tan for just the perfect makeover! Not to mention the ultimate look booster, a fresh happy face. Thank you, Sun.
      With Summer upon us, I find myself daydreaming about boating trips, beach and poolside fun in the sun. And when I say daydreaming, I mean planning outfits for each summer outing.

 Here’s what I’m doing and what I’m wearing:



I’m on a boat – I’m wearing J.Crew navy/white striped swim suit with grey lightweight pullover (similar to Madewell look below) or crochet sweater, white chinos shorts, and of course, Sperry’s.  Naturally, I’m sticking to the nautical theme and loving it... I feel so preppy.
  

Beach bumminI’m wearing white linen James Perse button down with Levi’s cutoff jorts, Sam Edelman gladiators, and fedora. Easy and breezy from beachwalk to sand - ideal for my Long Island Railroad train ride to the beach. It’s summertime and the livin's easy!
  Pool party – I’m wearing Victoria’s Secret neon yellow bikini with super chic DVF Iniko Cover up and gold Jack Rogers sandals. Some choose to wear heels or wedges poolside but I opt out. 



No matter what ensemble I’m sporting, I will most definitely have these key essentials on hand all in my HervĂ© Chapelier bag:
                ·          American apparel tri-blend romper – I live in this
                  ·          Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with SPF20 – great coverage, moisture, and SPF
                  ·         Chapstick with SPF – do not leave home without it!
                  ·         Frederic Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves
                  ·         Rayban Wayfarers (duh)
                  ·         Havaianas
 
 

Summer, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment