Friday, May 18, 2012

Sweat it up with style

 

    As a frequent exerciser, it's nice to look (or at least feel like you look) somewhat presentable when running out & about in public. In my case, the refusal to EVER wear makeup while working out combined with the beet red shade that appears on my face after a quick cardio, makes this a bit challenging. I'm not even going to touch on the appearance of my hair during and (ouch) after completing my exercises. For me at least, the only option remaining to help me to look somewhat "cute" while I attempt to sprint without flying off he treadmill is the work-out apparel. Thank you Lululemon for making this great task of finding cute work-out gear oh-so-much easier. While shopping there today, I was reminded at just how darn adorable their clothing is... but also how expensive, yipes! I spent quite some time, just strolling along, admiring the clothes, envisioning which outfits would be best with which work-outs. Oh, and of course engaging in wonderful conversation about my "intense running" and "yogi adventures"  with the ever-so friendly staff. I am pretty sure being super friendly is a requirement for employment. I do love that their clothing is made specifically for my two favorite work-outs: running & yoga.

    The only downfall to my experience at the store today was this: while trying on clothes, which were the same numbered size that I usually wear, I noticed quuuuuite a problem with the fit or lack thereof I should say. My immediate thought: no more carbs ever again for this gal.... I mean, things were prettty prettty tight in all the wrong places. This of course continued as I tried on the remainder of my items....each pair of shorts made me regret each and every "bad" food I had recently consumed. After picking my self-image up off the ground, I brought my items to the checkout counter and decided it was worth it (and hopeful)  to ask the following question: "Sooo, do your sizes run on a comparable scale to how these sizes usually fit? " As I held my breath, the kind man smiled and shook his head. "No," he explained (and simultaneously saved my self-image), "a 2 is basically an extra extra small...and so on." Phew, not that I was actually going to give up carbs nor will I EVER but it was nice to be clued in. My issue with this is however, they need to have a HUGE SIGN right out side of the dressing room informing people of this skewed sizing!!! So, while I am totally all about their aim and style at Lululemon...keep this tiny sizing fyi in mind before trying on a SINGLE piece of their clothing! Happy Friday! Hope to see each and every Cincinnati reader in OTR tomorrow! I have my Lululemon running outfit ready to go for the 5k! xo- A-




shop these looks plus many more by clicking on the logo below:



{all images from Lululemon}

No comments:

Post a Comment