Thursday, May 10, 2012

Didn't you hear? I blog now.

There are so many reasons why I love fashion. I love that fashion is another form of art. I love that fashion allows you to express yourself without using words, yet lends others something to talk about. I love that fashion is one of a handful of constants in a person’s life, evolving and adapting to age, style, location, etc. I love that I wouldn’t have been caught dead without a choker necklace on any given weekend night my sophomore year of college and now look back at pictures and cringe at my fashion choice. I love that I’m afraid to deem certain fashion trends “uncool” in fear of the enormous chance they might become popular again in a decade or two. Most of all, I love the memories fashion creates. I do not remember the specifics of the St. X dance my freshman year, but I vividly remember the baby blue Cache dress I wore and the shopping excursion my mother and I endured to find the perfect ensemble for my first high school dance.
























I have been working retail for the past 6 years. It’s been quite the love/hate career. Love the people and the fashion, hate the weekend and holiday hours. I’m currently a Co-Manager at Express, a company that fits my style like a glove. From sport to studio, I am constantly inspired by our on trend merchandise. I strongly believe we offer something for everyone, regardless of gender, age and weight. I wouldn’t call myself the Fashion Authority (at least not unless behind closed doors) but I would hope that after 1,560ish days of retail, you’ll humor me.

Originally from the Queen City and currently living in Cleveland, I’m about as typical as the next 29 year old woman. Facebook, Real Housewives, Suri’s Burn Book, repeat. I recently got engaged to my best friend and college sweetheart Tom. We are in the midst of planning our March nuptials and I couldn’t be more excited about the process. Something about mermaids and tablescapes sends me over the edge! In addition to Tom, I live with another man and love of my life… our pet boxer Quincy. I’m completely obsessed and sure my Instagram friends are ready for uploads sans Q Dog.

Getting to know Alex KIMBLER

My hometown Cincinnati, Ohio

Favorite celebrity style Rachel Zoe wardrobe, Brigitte Bardot hair and makeup

Favorite fashion trend Flare denim

I regret wearing Sequin Ugg's

I can't go without Most recently... Ellie Goulding Radio on Pandora

My eye catches Leather, fur, fringe, studs, Navajo prints









1 comment: