Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day + Madlove

    Summer, I love you. It's hard to believe that Memorial Day weekend is upon us, which in my perspective, means that SUMMER IS HERE.  This weekend marks the commencement of pool days, vacations, weddings galore, and anything and everything outdoors. Summer is such a fun, relaxing, carefree season and is defintely my favorite wardrobe season...summer dresses just have an immediate way of making you look & feel completely blissful. With our city completely rocking it right now, I am extra excited to soak in everything that is Cincinnati this summer.
    Something I have always loved but have recently grown to appreciate and develop a deeper passion for is music. I love exploring new artsists as well as various types of genres ...and am particularly drawn to live music. When I think back to highschool & college summers, RIVERBEND belts right out at me. These memories bring me to a place of relentless nostalgia... with the exception of one experience that did not end so well (ahem, just say NO to underage drinking).... Some people just aren't cut out for the Allman Brothers I suppose...
    As I have greatly digressed, one of my favorite things to do in the Summer is to listen to great live music, wherever it may be, as long as it's good. This Memorial Day weekend presents an awesome opportunity to start the Summer off right with amazing live music at Sawyer Point, via the MADLOVE Music Festival. This Music Fest is the complete package: 3 National music acts, local musicians, art culture, local beer, and so much more. MADLOVE is a great echo of and compliment to Cincinnati's recent reawakening. As a friend helped orgranize this amazing event, I pulled the following quote from the festival's press release...and am slighlty obsessed with the prevailing message this radiates in just one line:

   "We are turning raw energy into a movement of expression and love for our community."

Enough said....they had me at "love for our community." This is an awesome event you are going to want to experience this weekend (both Friday & Saturday)....enjoy MADLOVE and have a beautiful Memorial Day weekend!


Xo Andrea

For more information on MADLOVE click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment