Friday, May 4, 2012

New Direction, Fresh Perspectives


    Here's what's been going on in my constantly-ticking & turning mind lately: I love, love, love my blog. That's the most important piece to this recent puzzle. When I created my blog, I didn't have an exact direction in mind- however, I knew I wanted it to stand apart. The blogosphere consists of ENDLESS blogs- particularly fashion based blogs- and the thing is, so many are so good.  This has had me a bit intimidated lately, and has encouraged me to re-think my angle with the blog.

EACH INDIVIDUAL HAS HIS/HER OWN UNIQUE TASTE
   
    While I could write every day, soley from my perspective (due to the sincere passion I have for this topic)- that's not the direction I wish to take. The thing about fashion that draws me in the most is how it can be interpreted and portrayed in different ways, by different people, with different styles, and thus results DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES. Each individual has his/her own unique taste. My opinion of an outfit may directly opposse yours. Style & fashion taste is completely subjective....and that's what makes it so beautiful and complex.
  

  After reflecting on all this and more, I came to the decision to take my blog in a fresh, new direction. I have been lucky enough to have several girls agree to offer their fashion perspective on the blog- on a regular basis. So you're not just getting my limited perspective- instead your getting a range of perspectives- individuals coming from different cities, with varying styles, which provides unique viewpoints, angles, and  opinions- all in relation to the great world of F A S H I O N.
  
    It is my belief that fashion is greatly shaped by perspective and preference- when perspectives change, fashion trends evolve, and vice versa. So, let's start seeing the world of fashion from different points of view in order to see the WHOLE PICTURE. { Deep, huh?}

   Presently, I have four (confirmed, possibly two more) AMAZING ladies who will begin posting on a regular basis. There is no set schedule yet with how often each gal will write as this is a new direciton in the making, for all of us! With that, each gal will submit independently on the blog without me serving as a "filter" so to speak so that you are getting their "bare," pure perspective on fashion. You will LOVE meeting each of them in the weeks to come! I am so excited about this new direction and hope the feeling is mutual- it will make for a unique experience here on bright-eyed!
The co-authors who have committed to take part in this experience so far are the following fashion-driven girls:

Duru Armagan        Owner of Sloane Boutique           Cincinnati, OH
Alex Kimbler           Co-manager of Expresss              Cleveland, OH
Lindsey Welsandt    Midwest Clothing Rep                 Chicago, IL
Lauren Pruner        PR professional                           Dallas, TX
                               & blogger for prblonde.com/

Welcome to Bright-Eyed & Bare lovely ladies and cheers to a new direction readers! {xo-Andrea}

No comments:

Post a Comment