Friday, April 13, 2012

Time to get OPTICAL


   Two words shall reign above all else in this post: WARBY PARKER. Now to explain... Latlely, I have been having some serious eye pains (who gets eyeball pains?!) which seem to be a reoccurring issue with me every year. Back in the days of college, my supreme note-taking skills began to suffer as I could not see a darn thing that was projected upon the projection screen. As it is extremely difficult to take notes when you cannot even see the information to take notes from, I immediately set forth to Lens Crafters. Since college, I have gone through phases of wearing glasses- sometimes I am totally on top of aiding my nearsightedness while other times I just go months and months without wearing them until my eyeballs begin to hurt from straining (this is where I currently reside). You would think I would opt to where my optics all the time, expecially since this is statement has been uttered directly from my lips to my fiance on numerous occassions: (ahem, while driving) "It's crazy how many cars in front of me I can see!" OR "Oh! That's what the Ohio license plates look like!"- okay, I am totally kidding on the second one. I think the whole underlying issue here is the "look factor" of glasses...I have had quite a struggle finding a pair that I  love and am not ashamed to flaunt in public. {At this point you may be wondering why I dont take the obvious route and get contacts- been there, tried that, and in all honestly, for whatever reason, I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the darn things on my eyes}.
   Enter Warby Parker.... an amazing line of "boutique-quality" eyewear sold at a totally reasonable price of $95. Their aim is to provide trendy eyewear with a strong vintage quality at a price that is not over the top. Way too many eyewear brands retail their goods at crazy high prices taking advantage of the fact that eyewear is a necessity to many. And as if you need another selling point after seeing these fashion forward frames, Warby Parker partners up with non-profits to provide a pair of glasses to someone who cannot afford a pair for each piece of eyewear  sold (love this). The whole sell/buy a pair, donate a pair combo gets me every time...as it should. To bring things back to the present situation, I have been admiring these Warby Parkers every time I catch them upon someone's face (often showcased on fellow fashion bloggers cc: SeeAnnaJane & EatSleepWear). So when my eyeballs just so happened to begin hurting I decided I would take the appropriate step and get some new glasses, that just so happened to be a trend I have been wanting to try out.... (side note: the step of purchasing the actual eyewear has completely taken priority over the necessary act of making an actual appointment with the optometrist). Now the task of choosing a pair...your help is appreciated! Check out a few selections from WB below and visit HERE for the entire collection + all the various frame color/style choices . HAPPY FRIDAY xx-A-

BENSON


CROSBY
JAPHY


MILES
OWEN


PIERCE


ROOSEVELT

No comments:

Post a Comment