Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BRIGHT-EYED ON BRIGHT EYES



This past weekend, I was having one of my monthly urges to tryout a new makeup look. As you can see in my posts, I am all about the brights when it comes to lip color. For as long as I can remember, I have stuck to the same (and much coveted) Laura Mercier bronze-colored eye shadow in Cognac and have NEVER ventured out of this comfort zone (with the exception of Halloween perhaps). So, after being totally turned on to a bright purple eye that was showcased by Corri McFadden on House of Consignment (amaze show on VH1), I decided to give bright-eyes a shot.



 My first thought: Where do I go? Nordstrom is always my go-to for makeup due to their variety of makeup lines and experts. Call me "high maintenance" but I really prefer to have an expert trained in that particular makeup line to apply and sell me the goods (i.e. a Chanel makeup artist selling Chanel). So often, they will hop over from a different makeup line and I feel the immediate anxiety come on as I know that there is a distinct chance that they actually no nothing about the line I am eyeing!  My next thought: Which brand do I try for a bright look? ..... Nars of course! Their selection of bright eye colors made me googly-eyed. I was immediately torn between an electric blue and the bright (almost neon) purple that I ended up going with.

             

To my relief, there was a Nars makeup artist present and available and she was SUPER helpful. She applied the fabulous Daphne shadow and gave me guidance as she painted my eyes with color. I took mental notes of course: {After applying an eye primer, she described that she making a "v" shape with the shadow along the outer corner of the eye and blotted the shadow along my lid as well with a heavier brush. She then filled in the rest of the eye using a lighter brush with sweeps of the purple and a light peach to blend}. I l o v e d the end result.....it definitely took the statement "make your eyes pop" to a new level!



....DARE you to give it a try- you won't regret it! I foresee a lot of BRIGHT-EYED looks in my future (get it, its the name of my blog?! ).


Happy Hump Day All! xxx-A-

1 comment:

  1. The purple shadow is stunning on you! I think I will be heading over to the NARS counter this weekend :)

    Check out my blog vipress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete