Friday, April 20, 2012

Crushin' on K.Amato


    First and foremost, check out the first half of this post/interview about one of my most FAV designers on The Over-Analyst HERE. I love this designer oh-so-much that I had to devote two posts to her- and I wanted each and every reader to take advantage of the discount code found at the end of this little diddy.
   Once upon a time when I managed a boutique in Chicago, I fell in love with a local jewelry designer's pieces that were on display (and consistently selling out) at the store. This was back in 2006, and to this day I continue to sport the pieces I bought way back then as they are that classic...as well as new treasures of hers that I have accumulated over more recent years. Much to my delight, Kristen agreed to answer a few questions I had for her as I am a huge fan and completely intrigued by her current "totally made it big" status. The long list of popular publications her jewelry has been featured in (People, InStyle, Redbook, Glamour, Lucky, and Us, just to name a few) is obvious proof of her great success.  As mentioned on The Over-Analyst earlier today, I learned that Kristen Amato is a purely self- taught  jewelry designer whose original career path was in the world of Chemistry. When you take one glance at her jewelry it will strike you with complete amazement that she has never taken a jewlery design class before! When I asked her how she acquired the techniques and skills, she explained that along with reading and research, she would often just stare at jewelry in stores and observe the different techniques and pieces that were used to create the jewelry.

The Astor
Kristen mentioned these earrings
are one of her biggest sellers.

     Throughout our discussion, Kristen made many statements that had me immediately inspired. I was most captivated at the point in which we discussed her inspiration. When asked where her inspiration was drawn from, her answer was quite simple, "Everywhere I go." Kristen went on to explain how much of her inspiration comes from "being aware of the environment." She added, "I look around and draw inspiration from the everyday woman." After hearing that her greatest inspiration is us, the everyday woman,  who wouldn't want to buy her jewelry?! As I have made quite clear, I have been head-over-heels in love with Kristen's designs for many years now (coming from a girl with total jewelry committment issues), and this interview with her sent me to the moon. Her genuine personality matches right up to her great success and enviable talent. Check out a sneak peak of her jewels below and head over to her site or www.maxandchloe.com for the larger scale collection!

** Use the following code at purchase on K.Amato's site HERE to receive 30% off your order!(offer valid now through 4/23) Code: Spring30

Happy Weekend!!! xxx-A-

No comments:

Post a Comment