Monday, February 27, 2012

roll it out

.... let's go ahead and recap the red carpet looks from last night, shall we? I personally find the Oscar's to be a bit boring at times, however, the fashion beautifulness that strolls down that bright red carpet is enough to tune me in. It seemed to me that the colors that flashed in front of the cameras were on constant  repeat: red, black, nude red, black, nude, ....annnd repeat. Let me begin by saying who I was not a fan of: Angelina, oh Angelina: I could not handle the awkward way in which she kept protruding her right leg out through her thigh-high slit. While I am actually a huge fan of slits, their crazy-cool effect lies within the unintentional and unpredictable reveal of the slit- for example: a gust of wind or step forward may do just the trick to reveal a surprise hint of edgy to a long black maxi skirt. She was clearly wanting everyone in the world to notice her right leg all. night. long. I'm not a fan of Ang in case you couldn't sense that by now. Before I mention my next not-so-fav look, keep in mind, "I still really like her as a person..." Emma Stone: I am sure there were a few gasps right then. I didn't necessarily dislike her look. but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seemed to. I am just not a fan of bows- and that Giambattista Valli Haute Couture number took bows to the utmost extreme. Still adore her though. And let's go ahead and address the obvious: Jlo- the dress was gorg (as everything she puts on is) yet predictable for her...BUT seriously, I know I wasn't the only one (as enthusiastically confirmed by the males viewing the show with me) to notice her total wardrobe malfunction. There are OODLES of products out there to prevent such a "slip"....

Sooo, who left me seriously swooning over their looks?? 
Allow me introduce you to my  fashion fairy tale.....

Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen; Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture; Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford.

My two favorites from the night were revealed at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party:

Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein
Kate Bosworth in Prabal Gurung WON.MY.HEART.

 **Moral of this fashion tale: Always go with Prabal Gurung. **
THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment