Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Elyse's Elaborate Jewels

Oh how I love finding "hidden gems" among jewelery designers.... although, my latest find is not-so-hidden as she is now blooming right among the buzz of stand-out jewelry designers stemming from the sweet city of Chicago. Allow me to introduce the creative & oh-so talented jewelry designer Elyse Vieni. While we have not yet met in person, we have exchanged quite a few of emails and she is just as lovely as the jewels she creates! Once you see her designs, you will be as shocked as I was to hear that she is  self-taught... umm, can I please discover some kind of crazy-good hidden talent I have?! When I asked Elyse to tell me a bit about her self and her unique designs, she provided the following (totally inspiring) tid bit about how she was discovered: " I was in NYC and I knocked on the door of the wardrobe stylist’s trailer from Ugly Betty, where they were filming the last three episodes of the show. And I literally held up my best pieces of jewelry and asked them if they would let me in to give me a chance to show them my work.  The next thing I knew they featured 8 pieces of my jewelry on the last 3 episodes of Ugly Betty. The following day Patricia Field’s emailed me and informed me that she had styled America Ferrera in one of my bracelets for her movie premier of “Our Family Wedding”.
..... the result of sheer determination and confidence in one's work.... love this. On that note, behold Elyse's wonderful designs that will leave you wanting your very. own. piece....








 How amazing are each and every one of these pieces?!! Elyse also has a selection of simpler, delicate  pieces of which I opted to purchase (eh hem, for starters...)



TO PURCHASE ELYSE'S DESIGNS, VISIT HER WEBSITE: http://www.elysemarievieni.com/

ps happy leap day! xxo- A-



No comments:

Post a Comment