Friday, June 15, 2012

Southern Colors from PR Blonde


      One of the greatest things about fashion is it’s trickle effect. How people translate runway into every day is part of what discerns trend setter from a follower. Trends can vary. You can go from southern bold brights to a northern clean chic, city style or to a country ethereal. Being from Texas you would thing we would celebrate with cowboy boots and ten gallon hats, but I live in the fashion capital of the south in the very cosmopolitan city of Dallas. Founding city of Neiman Marcus and high profile Stanley Korshak and Highland Park Village, style isn’t lost in the south nor are the trendsthat have made it through that trickle effect. Everyday is a fashion show in Dallas and
though the hair may have gotten a little smaller the blondes are just as bright.
  
    I was so excited when Andrea asked me to write this post. As the editor of a fashion/lifestyle blog based in Dallas, she asked me to talk about my favorite trends – the ones hot in Dallas right now! So check out my Top 3. Though I may not consider myself a trend setter that takes major fashion risks I am a trend worshiper that tries to celebrate what trends I can and merge them with my life. I think what you can make work for you and how you can help others mix and match for their style is just as important – I guess you could call me a true “personal stylist.”

Florals – Spring has sprung and so have the flowers. It’s possible that I still have a few dresses from my middle school days that are arguably a floral print that came to die at the 8th grade dance. Florals seem like an easy thing to pull off – I think it’s one of the hardest trends to balance while looking sophisticated and chic all at the same time. Print is too big and you will look big with it. Too small, and its too busy – you turn into a walking circus. Dallas loves color and a great way to incorporate that is with florals. Check out some of my recommendations for how to style florals in your everyday look.

Neon – I think we took a breif trip back to the 80’s grabbed a few color swatches and came into the 21st century. Someone decided to turn on the Guetta and we created a new Neon movement rooted in striking brights. Though this trend is hitting everything from accessories, to bags, to shoes its also a breeding ground for clashing and turning you into the latest victim of an EDC rave. One thing I love about Dallas style is its secrecy for color – letting the trends like neon creep up in a daintier fashion. Check out some of my favorite neon accents to incorporate into your daily style,

Tribal – Another great source of color penetrating southern Dallas fashion is tribal prints. This like floral can be a whole host of messy if merged with too many other patterns – particularly stay away from any animal print “accents.” 9 times out of 10 tribal prints are enough on their own and the classiest of outfits bring in staple neutrals to help enhance the color and the wow factor. Check out my dos and don’ts for tribal prints and one of my favorite accent pieces for summer.
Make sure to check out PRBlonde.com for more outfit ideas!

Xoxo,

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment