Friday, July 20, 2012

Allow me to explain...

  
   I think it's time we take a break. As you may have noticed, the blog has been on a bit of a hiatus. After much contemplation, I have decided to carry out this hiatus until further notice....which makes me a little sad. This feels kind of like a mini break-up. My goal for the blog was to have a different perspective, with various perspectives (not just that of my own) and this direction unfortunately  fizzled. While I thoroughly enjoy writing, and fashion, and thus wiriting about fashion, I kind of have this love/hate relationship with the idea of blogs. I feel like the main purpose of a blog is to share a totally new perspective....meaning, going outside of the box and showing readers something new, fresh, and completely creative. The total opposite of this is when people blog about obvious finds, from obvious stores, and then put.this.on.repeat.  It kinda makes me cringe and I kinda don't wanna be that person (at all). So, once my short-lived crew of various contributers began to fade, it came down to just me. I decided I did not want this to just be about me (I'm definitely not that cool and won't pretend to be so)....and sooo the hiatus came about.

 We need to move forward with our separate lives. At the moment,  I have some cool things going on right now that I am putting all of my love into, and hopefully one of these things may allow for a blog to be involved ;) Until then, however, brighteyed and I are taking some time apart but will hopefully be reunited at some point in the future. It's been real. All my love!  -Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment